The Vulcan B1 was first delivered to the RAF in 1956 and the B2 in 1960. The Vulcan played an important role in the Cold War as the part of the 'V-Force' alongside the Valiant and Victor. It was armed with nuclear weapons, the Blue Steel missile and conventional bombs. The Vulcan was also used for maritime reconnaissance tasks and as a air-refuelling tanker. The Americans affectionately referred to the Vulcan as the 'Aluminium Cloud' owing to its enormous delta wing profile. The Vulcan was used in anger during the Falklands War in 1982 where it delivered conventional bombs onto the airfield at Port Stanley.